The watchword is rigorous and the basic skills are emphasized through a balanced program of Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies. In addition, the following programs enrich the Ralph Moody students’ educational experience.
- Gifted & Talented - The focus of this program is to enhance individual strengths of high ability K-5 students beyond the regular classroom instruction. This includes a special class for identified high achievers in grades 3, 4, and 5.
- Technology - The computer lab provides the opportunity for direct instruction in general computer knowledge and skills, keyboarding, word processing, Internet use, and more. All classrooms are online with the Internet.
- Media Center - Ralph Moody’s 16,000+ books expand learning beyond our walls.
- Music - Music is an important component of education at Ralph Moody Elementary School. Students in kindergarten to fifth grade experience music through singing, playing instruments, listening, history, multiculturalism, movement and dance, reading, music theory, and technology resulting in a well rounded music education experience.
- Physical Education - Students receive regular instruction promoting physical conditioning, sportsmanship, and the development of motor skills.
- All Day Kindergarten - Ralph Moody Elementary offers free all day kindergarten. Our program focuses on the academic and social strengths and needs of each child. We combine a strong academic curriculum with hands on activities to engage children to learn.
- Special Reading, Math, and K-5 Intervention programs provide supplemental support through small group instruction.
- Special Needs - These students are served by a speech pathologist, a psychologist, and resource teachers specifically trained to help students grow.
- Counselor - Elementary counseling is about helping students with academic success, getting along with others, taking good care of themselves and safety. Every child should be able to come to school and feel both physically and emotionally safe. We work to create a caring community by teaching all students ‘Bully-proofing’ in the fall and following up with ‘Caring Community’ recognition and ‘Character Counts’ traits during the year.
Services available through the counseling office include: New student orientation classes, conflict resolution with students, crisis assistance, referrals to local agencies, lending library for parents and classroom lessons where all students are taught the school rules & expectations, ‘Bully-proofing’ lessons, friendship skills.
The counselor is at Moody on Tuesday, Wednesday & Fridays.